Balancing conflicting objectives is the greatest challenge for a professional trustee.
- We want our members to get the best pension possible.
- We want our pension schemes to have strong sponsors.
- We want our pension schemes to have a long term plan.
- We want our advisers to work hard for the fees they get.
Often these objectives conflict and are hard to achieve:
- The best pension comes at a cost, and sponsors don’t want to pay.
- Long term planning is difficult in a world of short termism and uncertainty.
- Advisers are always on the lookout to make a fast buck out of their clients.
The professional trustee is ideally placed to achieve these goals and manage these conflicts, and at 2020 Trustees, we balance these conflicts and pursue these objectives with intelligence, rigour and verve.