Balancing conflicting objectives is the greatest challenge for a professional trustee.
– We want our members to get the best pension possible.
– We want our pension schemes to have strong sponsors.
– We want our pension schemes to have a long term plan.
– We want our advisers to work hard for the fees they get.
Often these objectives conflict and are hard to achieve:
– The best pension comes at a cost, and sponsors don’t want to pay.
– Long term planning is difficult in a world of short termism and uncertainty.
– Advisers are always on the lookout to make a fast buck out of their clients.
The professional trustee is ideally placed to achieve these goals and manage these conflicts, and at 20-20 Trustees, we balance these conflicts and pursue these objectives with intelligence, rigour and verve.